[Last updated June 16, 2020]
If you visit the Quo website, download or use the Quo App, or apply for or receive a Quo Loan (our “Services”), Quo ("Quo," "we," "us," "our") will ask for, collect, and store personal information about you (your “Data”). We would not be able to provide our Services to you without the Data you provide us, which is why we want you to know that we take our responsibility to protect your Data very seriously. We also want to make very clear how we use your Data so that you can make informed choices about your use of our Services.
We collect Data from you when you:
• Visit the Quo website
• Download and install the Quo App
• Create a Quo Account
• Connect your bank account to the Quo App
• Apply for a Quo Loan
• Repay your Quo Loan
• Use the Quo App features
• E-mail or contact Quo customer service.
We may also obtain Data we find on the internet about you and that we obtain from other third-party sources to improve or expand the features of the Quo App, and to help us decide whether you qualify for a Quo Loan If you have difficulty repaying your Quo Loan, we may obtain and store Data we receive from consumer reporting agencies, including your credit report.
You can browse the Quo website and download the Quo App without creating a Quo Account, but most of the features of our Services will not be available to you.
When you browse the Quo website or download the Quo App, we will collect:
• Browser type
• IP address
• Computer or mobile device unique ID number
• Operating system
• Referring and exit pages, including landing pages and pages viewed
• Device event information, including crash reports, request and referral URLs and system activity details
• Your location
• What you click on and what you type, time you spend on our websites, and other user experience information
• Provide you Services that allow you to email or chat with our customer service team
• Perform website analytics
• Improve the advertisements you see
• Prevent fraud and prevent attacks against our websites and services
• Advertise Quo products and services, and additional products and services from our partner companies
• Websites you visit
• Length of time the advertisement was visible
• IP Address
You can block cookies and trackers at any time using your web browser settings or Quo App settings, but doing so may limit your browsing experience and your ability to use certain features of the Quo App.
When you register for a Quo Account, we collect and process:
• Your first and last name, and middle initial
• Date of Birth
• E-mail address
• Mobile telephone number
• Mailing address
• Username, password, or other Quo Account access credentials
• Unique identifiers associated with your bank
• Bank account names
• Bank account type
• Bank Account balances
• Bank routing and account numbers
• Bank account transaction history, including evidence of direct deposits from your employer and related information
We use this Data to:
• keep track of the Data associated with your Quo Account
• Help you access your Quo Account
• Prevent others from accessing your Quo Account
• Restore access to your Quo Account
• Determine whether you are eligible to apply for a Quo Loan
• Calculate your Quo Rewards
• Recommend other products and services to you
If you do not want us to collect, store or use this Data, do not register for a Quo Account.
When you apply for a Quo Loan, we may also collect:
• Social security number
• Driver's license, or other valid government photo identification
• Current bank account balance
• Recent bank account transaction history
• Employment information, such as the name, address, and telephone number of your employer
• Military service history
• The purpose of your Quo Loan
• Marital status (Wisconsin only)
• Any other optional information you choose to provide us in your application
We collect this Data to:
• Determine your eligibility for a Quo Loan
• Permit our financial partners to verify your identity
• Permit us and our financial partners to comply with applicable consumer protection laws
If you do not want us to collect this Data, do not apply for a Quo Loan.
Except as described in this Policy and unless otherwise expressly authorized by you in writing, Quo will never share, sell, or communicate your Data to or with anyone for any reason.
We process Data we receive from your bank, our financial partners, identity verification services, and other third-party service providers, and Data you share with us about your use of their products and services:
• To comply with regulatory and reporting obligations
• To facilitate your use of the Quo App, or other products and services
• To underwrite your Quo Loan
• To conduct fraud monitoring, prevention, and detection
• To fulfill commitments to our business partners
• To fulfill a request made by you
• To respond to a subpoena or similar legal process, or otherwise cooperate with law enforcement or regulatory authorities
We use Twilio to verify your mobile phone number and address. When you create your Quo Account and link your bank account, we process and verify your bank account credentials and all other information associated with the bank account and your credentials using Plaid.
We may also disclose your information if we believe it is necessary to protect Quo’s rights,
property, or safety, our customers or others, or to enforce our contractual rights. In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of any or all of Quo’s assets, some of your Data we hold may be among the assets transferred to a buyer or other successor.
If you do not want us to collect Data from or share Data with any third parties or otherwise disclose your Data, do not use the Quo App or apply for a Quo Loan.
While we make every effort to ensure that all Data we collect and store is accurate, complete, and up-to-date, you can help us by promptly notifying us if there are any changes to your information. You will be able to view and change aspects of your Data by logging in to your Quo Account.
We are committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of your Data. We limit access to your Data to our authorized employees or agents and we contractually require our business partners and service providers to limit their use of your Data. We also maintain physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect your Data against loss, misuse, damage or modification, and unauthorized access or disclosure.
The Quo website and the Quo App may contain links to other websites or apps. Your access to and use of such linked sites is not governed by this Policy but, instead, is governed by the privacy policies of those third-party websites. We are not responsible for the Data practices of such third-party websites. Please review the privacy policies of such sites before you disclose your Data to them.
The Quo website and the Quo App are not intended for children. We do not knowingly collect, use, or share any Data from anyone under the age of 13. If we become aware that a child under the age 13 has provide Data to us, we will delete it.
We may change this Policy from time to time to reflect changes in our practices concerning the collection, use, and sharing of Data. The revised Policy will be effective immediately upon posting to the Quo website, or by notification through the Quo App. If you continue use of the Quo website and the Quo App after we make changes then you will be deemed to have agreed to the changes, so please check this Policy periodically for updates.
If you have any questions or concerns about this Policy, please contact:
State laws and individual companies may give you additional rights to limit sharing. See below for more on your rights under state law.
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS.
Under California law, we will not share Data we collect about you with companies outside of Quo, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent or to service your Quo account. We will limit sharing to the extent required by California law.
NOTICE TO NEVADA RESIDENTS.
We are providing you this notice pursuant to Nevada law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by calling 628-777-3934 by writing to us at 2225 E Bayshore Rd., Suite 200, Palo Alto, CA 94303. For more information, contact us at the address above or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact the Nevada Attorney General's office: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Ste. 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; telephone number: (702) 486-3132; email BCPINFO@ag.state.nv.us.